Easter Seals In-home Services
Easter Seals In-home Services enables children and adults with disabilities, or other special needs, to live in their homes and communities in a less restrictive environment that emphasizes personal choice. Services include:
- In-home personal care
- Transfers and lifts
- Preparation of meals and feeding
- Assistance with therapy treatment plans
- Skill development
- Behavior support
- Delegated nursing
- Social and recreational opportunities
Our well established, yet flexible approach helps to minimize the stress often associated with finding and maintaining personal assistance supports. Working in partnership with our clients, we strive to create and atmosphere of mutual respect and appreciation that results in effective, high quality care.
For more information, please contact us via email.
- Easter Seals In-Home Service program was founded in June of 1993.
- Funding is provided through a variety of sources including the Individual Options Waiver, supported living, Children's Services, county collaborations, school systems and private pay.
- Easter Seals In-Home Services currently serves nearly 80 families with more than 150 employees.
- Services are available to a wide range of clients, including those who have disabilities as a result of autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, traumatic brain injury, and other injuries or congenital conditions.
- Management personnel is available 24 hours via pagers.
- Training sessions on specialized topics are provided for family members and employees.
- Newsletters are provided for families and employees.
Employee Selection and Training
- Employees are obtained in three ways: family referrals, employee referrals, and local advertising and recruiting efforts.
- Applicants are matched to clients/families via an extensive interview and screening process. Clients and families always make the final employee approval.
- Employees and families receive training on CPR, first aid, universal precautions, health and safety, mobility and transferring. Additional training in delegated nursing, behavior support and skill development is arranged as needed.
- An individual support program is developed by the client and their family, Easter Seals, and the funding agency to ensure personalized, quality care.
- Employees who work over 30 hours per week qualify for a full benefits package which includes PTO, sick time, health, dental, vision, and a 403B.
- Applicants must pass a background check through the bureau of criminal identification (BCI) and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and State of Ohio Abuser Registry.
Services are available in these counties:
Mid Ohio Office
Download our In-Home Services flyer here.